|Year of Publication||2009|
|Series Editor||นิยมเดชา ฮุชเซ็น, สวัสดิสาร ชวิศร์, ดึงไตรย์ภพ วิลาวัณย์, รู้จำ ชลินธร|
|Keywords||การศึกษา, นครศรีธรรมราช, ปาล์ม|
The objectives of this paper are a) to study supply chain management of oil palm in Park-Panang area and the neighbor of Nakorn Sri Thamarat b) to evaluate the decision factors of local agriculture c) to study an appropriate pattern of supply chain management for the future growth.
Study showed that there are 5 types of supply chain in oil palm industry in PakPanang and neighbor area.
1. The farmerspick up oil palm and then sell oil palm to the palm manufacturer
2. The farmers pick up oil palm themselves and then sell to middleman called “Larn-Tay” then the middleman sell to the palm manufacturers.
3. The pick-up team from middle-man will pick up oil palm for middleman then sell to palm manufacturers.
4. The pick-up team will pick up oil palm from farmers’ farm then sell to middleman after that palm oil will be sold to the palm manufacturers.
5. Co-op will gather all palm products from the members and non-members and then will sell to the palm manufacturers.
The study of supply chain of oil palm industry in these areas using relationship analyst found that in terms of perception of 4 factors, cost, service, quality and delivery time, there are few internal conflicts between each factors, however, the most noticeable point is the relationship between oil palm manufacturers and farmers/middleman in terms of quality. Therefore, the farmers and middleman who supply raw material to manufacturer have to improve the quality of product and also delivery time. On the other hand, the rest are getting along with each other quite well. The evaluation of 6 factors, social factors, economic factors, physical factors, biological factors, manufacturing factors, and serviced.
From the factors above, it could be concluded to equation model as below
Logit (Y) = -1.125 + 0.361 SER2 – 0.235 SER8
(Note: SER2 is to get the training and SER8 is a source of oil palm seedlings and market purchases)
In terms of supply chain management, the new patterns will be designed by focusing on palm manufacture and using vertical structure pattern.There are 4 new patterns will be recommended.
1. There is still only 1 manufacturer but the capacity will be increased.
2. Building up 1 big manufacturer in the area.
3. Building up many medium and small manufacturers.
4. Building up many medium and small manufacturers and creating cooperative.
|Alternate Title||A Study of the Appropriate Supply Chain Management to Support the Expansion of Oil Palm Plantation in Pakpanang Basin and Adjacent Area in Nakhonsithammarat|